PHYSICIAN CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Cincinnati and RMEI Medical Education, LLC. The University of Cincinnati is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Cincinnati designates this enduring material for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Joint Providership Statement
This CME activity is jointly provided by the University of Cincinnati and RMEI Medical Education, LLC.
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from Genzyme, a Sanofi Company and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
According to the disclosure policy of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, all faculty, planning committee members, and other individuals who are in a position to control content are required to disclose any relevant relationships with any commercial interest related to this activity. The existence of these interests or relationships is not viewed as implying bias or decreasing the value of the presentation. All educational materials are reviewed for fair balance, scientific objectivity, and levels of evidence. Disclosure will be made at the time of activity.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Vibeke Strand, MD, MACR, FACP, has affiliations with AbbVie, Alder, Amgen Inc., Anthera, Asana, AstraZeneca, aTyr, Bayer, Biogen ldec, Boehringer Ingelheim, BMS, Carbylan, Celgene, Celltrion, CORRONA, Crescendo/Myriad Genetics, EMD Serono, Eupraxia, Genentech/Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon, Iroko, Janssen, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Kezar, Kypha, Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Protagen, Regeneron, Samsung, Samumed, Sandoz, SKK, UCB, and XTL (Consulting Fees); and AbbVie, Amgen, Anthera, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Biogen ldec, BMS, Carbylan, Celltrion, Crescendo, EMD Serono, Genentech/Roche, GSK, Horizon, Iroko, Janssen, Jazz, Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Protagen, Regeneron, Samsung, Sandoz, Sanofi, and UCB (Advisory Boards).
- Martin Jan Bergman, MD, FACR, FACP, FCPP, has affiliations with AbbVie, Amgen, Celgene, Genentech, Janssen, Novartis, and Pfizer (Advisory Boards); Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer (Fees for Non-CME/CE Services Received Directly from a Commercial Interest or Their Agents); AbbVie and Celgene (Speaker’s Bureau); and Spouse: Amgen (Consulting Fees).
- Eric M. Ruderman, MD, has affiliations with BMS, Lilly (Advisory Boards); AbbVie, Amgen, Genentech/Roche, GSK, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer, and Vertex (Consulting Fees); and Pfizer (Contracted Research/Grants).
University of Cincinnati
- Susan P. Tyler, MEd, CMP, CHCP, CME Director, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Rick E. Ricer, MD, Professor Emeritus, CME Physician Reviewer, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Deborah Cole, BS, Program Coordinator, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
RMEI Medical Education, LLC
- Sy Schlager, MD, PhD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Tania Dickson, PhD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Leslie Treff, JD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
The opinions expressed during the enduring activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of Cincinnati. The information is presented for the purpose of advancing the attendees’ professional development.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Faculty members are required to inform the audience when they are discussing off label, unapproved uses of devices and drugs. Physicians should consult full prescribing information before using any product mentioned during this educational activity.
Estimated time to complete: 0.5 hours
There is no fee for this educational activity.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians are entitled to receive up to .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page. Users must:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the activity post-test and evaluation.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CME credit. All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation. You must score 70% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity. Participants have 3 attempts to successfully pass the post-test.
Please contact the University of Cincinnati Continuing Medical Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-558-7277.
For any technical issues or issues with your CME Certificate, please visit: http://www.realcme.com/cms/support-center